Software Engineer - C#/C++
EA is looking for a software engineer with experience building automation and plugins for Unreal Engine. Your role is to develop tooling that improves common game team workflows and manage changes across multiple development streams.
You will report to and work with a central team within EA that focuses on providing tooling and services to our many game teams. Our small agile team has developers in Vancouver, Austin, Montreal and Galway, and we work with game teams across many more locations.
- Develop tooling for reporting code divergence across multiple teams.
- Create CI jobs/scripts for managing changes across multiple development streams.
- Create automation tests for shared plugins.
- Support teams with EA services integrations.
- Troubleshoot build time performance issues.
- 3+ years of applied coding experience
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 tooling (BuildTool, AutomationTool) and extending the functionality of Unreal Editor.
- Proficient in C# and WPF
- Working knowledge of C++
- Familiarity with SCM solutions (Perforce, Git)
- Understanding of build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent education or experience.
- Experience with SQL, Python, ASP.NET
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.