(Closed) Software Engineer (BI/Data)
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
Get to know the team:
The Quality Verification Services- Analytics (QVSA) organization at Electronic Arts is looking for a Software Engineer with an emphasis in data for a full-time position. The Data Engineering team creates tools, methodologies, and services to provide self-service business intelligence to allow data analysis for testing game health for games in EA's great games catalog.
We are looking for a Software Engineer that can engineer solutions using the full Microsoft BI stack and has a foundation in C# or other languages, Data Analytics and Data Warehousing technologies. Experience with Azure big data or other cloud and related technology. SQL proficiency required. You will work with Software Engineers (SE) and QV teams to provide data solutions to multiple teams.
We are looking for someone who has the desire to work with a team, and is dynamic, enthusiastic, and able to network across multiple groups and individuals to be part of a larger community.
- Engage and work amongst a small group of SEs working on the development of data solutions
- Help SEs build ETL/ELT, Data Warehousing Systems, maintain Azure Data Pipeline and other related infrastructure
- Work with data analysts to determine requirements and achieve the necessary data and reporting needs.
- Provide data quality support
- Partner with agile team members to create quality standards through code reviews, test-driven development strategies and design approvals
- Perform impact analysis and assisting with evaluation on service or support requests
- Document tools and practices and participate knowledge sharing processes. Share best practices and learn from other team members and peers
- Promote positive morale and a sense of team identity
- 5+ years of software development on data warehousing and modeling technologies
- Proficiency in C#, SQL
- Experience in Python, Cloud-based warehouse technologies (Azure, AWS, etc) a plus
- Proficiency in technical documentation.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.