Software Engineer and Scrum Master - Core Systems - Frostbite
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Frostbite team!
Frostbite is a technology and collaboration platform for diverse game franchises, such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create some of the best-looking games in the industry!
You will be part of a talented multi-disciplinary team developing the tools and game runtime behind the amazing worlds you see in Frostbite games. This includes the workflows and systems for building levels and objects in Frostbite. In the team we collaborate closely on a day-to-day basis to make sure game teams around the world have great workflows and a performant and flexible runtime for their games.
- Foster Agile ways of working within the team
- Innovate and improve workflows, data builds and game systems for handling huge amount of game objects
- Design and implement systems and APIs used by thousands of game developers across EA
- Collaborate closely with game teams to ensure world class workflows and in-game performance
- Iterate on usability, tool performance and stability to power our users to create stunning games
- Drive new features and innovations for our users
- Lead the team in best practices and mentor your colleagues
- Experience and motivation to take on a agile coaching role similar to Scrum Master
- Strong C++ and software architecture skills
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Humble, eager to learn more and thrives in a learning culture
- Experience from C#
- Experience from game engine development and large-scale game development
- Experience with challenges such as entity c omponent systems
- Experience with data-oriented design and unit testing
- Experience in mentoring other engineers and share knowledge
- Motivation to move into a part time manager role in a couple of years
What’s in it for you?
We respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is essential to our long-term success! We provide 6 weeks of flexible vacation and are openly against working overtime.
At Frostbite we take care of our team members! We provide our employees with occupational pension and we have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees a variety of sports activities, generous health care allowance, massage and a bunch of free games every year.
This opportunity is for a permanent position at Frostbite’s Stockholm office.
As part of the application process, we might ask you to perform a practical work test. We look forward to receiving your application!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.