Software Engineer (Analytics/Data)
The Quality Verification Services - Analytics ( QVSA ) organization at Electronic Arts seeks a mid-level Software Engineer with strong analytical and leadership skills for a full-time position . The Data Engineering team creates tools, methodologies, and services to provide self-service business intelligence to assist in the testing of our great games catalog.
We are looking for a Software Engineer that can engineer solutions using the full Microsoft BI stack and has a strong foundation in C# or other languages, Data Analytics and Data Warehousing technologies. Experience with Azure big data or other cloud and related technologies is an asset. You will work closely with Software Engineers (SE) and QV teams to deliver data needs of multiple teams.
This role requires an individual that has the desire to work with a team , and has a personality type that is outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic, and able to network across multiple groups and individuals to be part of a larger community.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Engage and work amongst a small group of SEs working on the development of data solutions
- Help SEs build ETL/ELT, Data Warehousing Systems, maintain Azure Data Pipeline and other related infrastructure
- Work with data analysts to define requirements and deliver the necessary data and reporting needs.
- Ability to provide data quality support
- Partner with agile team members to drive quality standards through code reviews, test driven development strategies and design approvals
- Perform impact analysis and assisting with triage on service/support requests
- Document tools and practices and participate actively in knowledge sharing processes. Share best practices and learn from other team members and peers
- Promote positive morale and a sense of team identity
- A minimum of 5 + years of software develop on data warehousing and modeling technolog ies
- P roficiency in C#
- Ability to work independently with minimal outside supervision
- Familiarity with cloud technologies like Azure and AWS
- Excellent written / oral communication and interpersonal skills