Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
The Frostbite Release team is responsible for building a scalable and collaborative development environment, delivering the work of over 300 engineers to customers. The successful candidate will be part of a team building the culture, process, and tooling for delivering Frostbite at quality. We are looking for a strong generalist who can quickly familiarize themselves with multiple technologies, is a good communicator, and works well with others, but knows when to stand firm.
- Adaptable problem solver, quickly converging on solutions for a myriad of problems. You could be changing the build farm configuration because of a hardware related issue, and then moving on to debugging a crash in a game level, followed up by working on a python script to automate release workflows.
- Design and implement tools that will help improve the efficiency of how software is developed, tested and released while elevating the product quality.
- Work with software engineers across multiple domains, understanding their needs to develop tooling in various areas such as automated monitoring, pre-test/pre-submission, automated failure analysis & reporting, and a multitude of other areas.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Responding to issues within the Frostbite production environment by working across teams and gathering data to help troubleshoot issues.
- Collaborating across domain teams and QA on releases/updates and patches
- Automation of releases to ensure the integrity of the live environment is protected and the correct components are released
- Helping define new policies, improving process and culture to help to release Frostbite more efficiently with better quality.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Strong generalist with 6+ years of professional experience in C++
- Exceptional debugging and problem solving skills
- Previous experiences in Release Engineer discipline or multiple Engineering disciplines in software development cycle
- Production experience with game engines
- Experience with C# or Python
- Large scale Integrations
- Perforce and other SCMs
- Database tool /Visualization plugin such as PowerBI
- Works well with changing priorities
- Emphasizes practical solutions
- Service Oriented with an energetic attitude
- Works well with others
- Strong communicator both written and verbal
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.