EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
Game Modes Engineers work on the game's foundational technology, as well as on the common features that are then used by all of our game teams.
As part of the Game Modes team you will work on the tech, tools and pipelines that form the foundation of our game features - UI framework and components, content and localization pipelines, content creation tools and more. You will also develop the game features that are common across teams, including features such as player customization, team management, settings and accessibility.
- Design and implement features for FIFA's UI framework and components used by all of our game teams
- Build tools and pipelines for art content, soccer data management and localization
- Develop foundational features used by all game teams - player customization, team management, game settings and accessibility features
- Work with Production and Interface Designers, from Game Modes and other game teams, to gather requirements and write technical design specifications
- You will report to the game modes team's manager and work with your peers to develop the FIFA's foundational technology
- Object-oriented programming experience of OO design principles
- 2+ years experience in C++ software development
- Experience in UI technologies (Qt, Unity or Unreal UI frameworks or web front-end development) is very nice to have
- Experience in tool/pipeline development is very nice to have
- Experience in ActionScript is nice to have
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Lua), C# and SQL is nice to have
- Ability to work with existing and unfamiliar code
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.