Rigger + Sr Technical Animator - Star Wars
Senior Technical Animator - Remote Friendly
Join us in driving the next revolution in games. This is a rare and unique opportunity at EA to:
- Reimagine a Star Wars mobile product
- Define a new model of game development
We are looking for a Senior Technical Animator to work within our team to inspire creativity, bring life to our games and build compelling mobile experiences. As part of this team, you will work in close collaboration with art, game design, UX, engineering, and operations. The Senior Technical Animator has industry-honed abilities in both rigging and 3D animation and can work throughout the entire animation production pipeline.
- Create rigs, skin characters, animate and export from Maya.
- Create appealing, user-friendly, and performant animations for our games
- Import characters and animations into Unity, setup state machines and make all connections to the game.
- Work with the art, engineering and design to help establish animation style and implement best practices and make sure all characters are hitting all quality metrics.
- Guide outsourcing partners in technical and stylistic requirements.
- Mentor junior/intermediate staff and provide feedback to other animators
- At least 5 years or 3 shipped titles working in a game development environment
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical and artistic challenges and limitations.
- Expertise in 3D character rigging, skinning
- Experience with animation asset delivery pipelines
- Strong animation skills, demonstrating an understanding of principles of weight and movement
- Storytelling through animation with creative flair
- Create state machines and animations within technical constraints (Specifically for Unity)
- Experience with game production process, from beginning to end
- A passion for making games!
- Adobe CC
- P4 and Git
- mGear rigging framework
- C# scripting
- VFX experience
- Experience with turn-based RPG or RTS style animations
- Experience in mobile and free-to-play games
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.