Senior Software Engineer, Frostbite Animation and Cinematics
What does the Frostbite team do?
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing cutting-edge engine features and tools. Our accomplished team from across the globe is dedicated to building creative technology and working with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a leader for the Animation and Cinematics team reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager. You will solve challenging animation problems. And you will work with other Frostbite technical leaders in solving challenges across teams
- You will design latest animation and cinematics features
- You will implement highly performant software used by our AAA game titles
- You will solve tough animation challenges for next-gen game consoles
- You will diagnose potential flaws in a system while suggesting solutions
- You will help grow the team and mentor/manage junior engineers
- Passion for solving challenging problems with great people
- Experience with complex codebase
- 5+ years of professional experience including C# tool development and C++
- Strong foundation in animation concepts
- Strong foundation in software architecture design
- Knowledge or experience in game engine development
- Experience developing real-time animation system
- Passion for video games
- People management experience
Why join us?
- Tackle strategic technology problems with an impact across all of EA.
- Work on leading edge technology and create high-quality solutions.
- Work with multiple game teams across multiple genres.
- Work with industry leaders and other top-tier people.
- Good work/life balance.
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.