Senior Software Architect
The Information Technology group (EAIT) works as a global team to empower EA’s employees and business operations to be creative, collaborative, and productive. As a digital entertainment company, EA’s enterprise technology needs are diverse and span across game development, workforce collaboration, marketing, publishing, player experience, security, and corporate activities. Our mission is to bring creative technology services to each of these areas, working across the company to “ensure better play.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Senior Manager Architecture, the role offers a seasoned Software Architect an opportunity to build scalable, performant and highly available applications and solutions in the cloud. You will establish architecture and design for the applications, you will define coding standards and engineering best practices for the product. Leading a team of engineers, you will deliver applications both for internal and external users. You will use the latest technology features and architecture principles to solve complex problems of modern applications. You will also work with Scrum masters and Product owners to determine and deliver on the product vision.
- Act as a top-level contributor in direction for major, complex programs intended to roll out high-volume, high transaction-based applications and services
- Be a hands-on person leading the global team from the front
- Deliver experiences in partnership with distributed diverse teams to ensure the architectural vision is communicated and delivered to the highest standards.
- Estimate engineering effort during different stages of the project life cycle.
- Mentor 2-4 lead developers in accomplishing architecture, design and implementation goals.
- Perform research and implement best practices for problem avoidance and continuous improvement.
- Follow agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs.
The next great EA Applications Architect also needs:
- Hands-on coding experience in Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, Microservices and Angular/React
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience using Git and related tools like GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.
- Solid experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB
- Expertise in using design principles to deliver system-level technical design
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of related experience building and delivering complex mission critical applications and projects.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.