Senior Network Gameplay Programmer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are at the sharp edge when it comes to the smooth and speedy delivery of our games to the millions of players that experience our games worldwide. Our Network programming experts enjoy the ongoing challenge of managing the complex interdependency of the tech elements which bring the game to bear in perfect harmony.
Working within a diverse development team in a cross-platform environment, you will be tasked with using and developing experience from other game programming disciplines such as physics and gameplay to create outstanding online experiences. This is a role to enable a global multiplayer network and as such requires true videogame specialism.
Responsibilities will include:
- Programming multiplayer game and server features
- Take ownership for large game features or even complete platforms
- Liaise with Designers and Programmers to implement key game features from inception through to completion
- Feature estimation and reporting to the Team Lead
- Fluent C++ deployed within a similar role in the games industry
- Understanding of client-server and peer-to-peer networks and extensive experience in relation to games
- Deep knowledge o& experience of the network libraries from at least one of the current games console platforms.
- A 2:1-1st class degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as games, computer science, maths or engineering.
- Experience using version control software in games
- Ability to write clear and maintainable code pertaining games networks
- Experience implementing multi-platform game client networking solutions on current console & PC platforms.
- Solid games industry track record, evidenced such as previously published products
- Desirable; C# and web server programming
- An ideal candidate will be highly experienced in the industry, driven and self-motivated with top notch attention to detail
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills proven in a games development environment
- Good teamwork skills within a multi-disciplined development team
- A demonstrable passion for and commitment to a career in games
In return we offer:
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Outstanding benefits package including annual bonus scheme, private health and dental plans, employee discounted share scheme, new console allowance and much more!
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- 10 free games per year
- State of the art working environment
- Incredible peer community of top-flight programmers in the games industry
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.