(Closed) Senior Manager, Talent Strategy and Engagement, Entertainment Business Development
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States - Los Angeles, California, United States
EA’s Business Development team is seeking a seasoned Senior Manager to focus on collaborating and building out key talent objectives, strategies and executing negotiations in support of EA’s global entertainment brands and portfolio of products. The ideal candidate will have strong relationships with talent agencies, production companies, and has union labor relations experience, preferably directly within the gaming, entertainment, production, and digital media industries.
Key Responsibilities Include:
It will be essential for this candidate to work well independently, managing projects and initiatives, evaluating partner opportunities, building business terms sheets, practicing principled negotiation techniques and entertainment contract review in support of EA’s objectives. This is a very high volume and deadline-oriented business.
- Responsible for actor and performance talent engagements, including Hollywood production elements such as writers, directors. and production companies, managing expectations and overseeing licensed business partner requirements for all entertainment games and content produced at the direction of EA.
- Comfortable partnering and building strong relationships with Leadership, Brand, Activation and Development teams, demonstrating significant levels of influence with a range of important internal and external partners.
- Provide licensor support and be highly effective at balancing internal and external party’s priorities.
- Collaborate and execute on set business strategies, establishing terms and providing guidance on project and production direction and cast. This will include clear guidance and/or negotiating for the engagement of entertainment talent, production elements, and executing against standard employment engagement practices.
- Collaborate with other Business Development counterparts on establishing consistent practices, strategy, and execution of such in support of securing desired talent required for each game product, project or event, within approved budget allowances.
- Serve as the internal owner and expert on entertainment industry trends, fostering agency/partner relationships, union relations, and leveraging such knowledge and relationships to secure talent and performers at competitive rates and terms.
- Be the deal structure subject matter expert, sharing insights, best practices, driving principled and skilled term sheets and agreement negotiations; work closely with legal affairs peers and ensure contract compliance.
- Anticipate, negotiate, and resolve potential production issues and contract interpretations that may arise.
- Prepare template agreements, negotiate through execution, and manage payment execution.
- 8+ years relevant work experience with talent, negotiation, and production within games/entertainment.
- Strong production background, knowledge of labor and entertainment union standards, including determining key deal terms, and setting up producers and key stakeholders with best practices.
- Strong ability, experience and comfort working in large organization, to collaborate with and influence executives from different business units, and parties across multiple departmental functions.
- Strong time management and organization skills, managing high deal volume in a quick turn work environment.
- Solution-oriented approach to production and engagement requirements with ability to identify and minimize risks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively to drive process, deal progress, and keep key stakeholders engaged and on-board.
- Desire and capacity to stay current on rapidly evolving competitive landscape, expanding technologies, global market dynamics, and cross-industry synergies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience a plus.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.