Senior Manager Engineering
The Information Technology group (EAIT) works as a global team to empower EA’s employees and business operations to be creative, collaborative, and productive. As a digital entertainment company, EA’s enterprise technology needs are diverse and span across game development, workforce collaboration, marketing, publishing, player experience, security, and corporate activities. Our mission is to bring creative technology services to each of these areas, working across the company to “ensure better play.”
- Coach a team of 4-6 Architects and Sr Developers; support their growth and make us more productive, functional, and creative.
- Oversee technical direction to design scalable, performant and resilient systems.
- Implement engineering best practices and drive improvements.
- Work with geographically distributed team of Product/Project Managers, Architects, Developers, QA and UAT members to bring strategic programs.
- Participate in planning, estimation, review and execution to help build capabilities to accomplish product vision.
- Provide transparency to leadership through regular communication.
- Have a passion for your craft. You feel ownership over everything you ship.
- Tech/M.Tech/MCA with 12+ years of experience in building and delivering complex mission-critical applications and projects.
- Experience with team management theory
- Hands-on coding experience in Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, Microservices and Angular/React
- Experience in developing engineering function that includes large teams that are globally distributed in nature with development and testing model being practiced.
- Experience managing, goal setting, mediation and career planning
- Experience building scalable, available, performant API services
- Experience building, reusable, well tested, documented, distributable modules that provide main capabilities to an organisation
- Experience and passion for promoting and mentoring others in software development best practices appropriate for the domain
- Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB
- Expertise with both object-oriented and functional software design principles
- Experienced with Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment best practices
- Experience working in a Scrum team
- Experience using Git and related tools like GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket.
- Experience with DevOps / infrastructure systems
- Experience with web platforms such as Amazon Web Services
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Expertise in delivering technical presentations
- Expertise in delivering system-level technical design and documentation
- and motivator who is always looking for improvement opportunities..