Senior Manager, Analytics
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are hiring a Senior Manager to lead the data practice for FIFA Mobile, based in Shanghai. This is an important position to partner with important partners in our game studios, working across multiple disciplines including design, UX, and game PMs to understand foundational insights needs, and building a plan to bring the game and studio to success.
Report to Sr. Director, Analytics
Analytics is not viewed as a service, but rather as a partner with an equal seat at the table, therefore this is a role where you are expected to push beyond a traditional analytics remit:
- You will bring the quantitative perspective but you will need to work with your creative teammates in Product and Design and influence using top quality insights
- Understand that everyone in the company should and will be end-users, and in this position, you will be part of the group responsible for setting up and acting on that vision.
- You will analysis while still focusing on the long-term vision for the game. Mobile games are a blend of the creative side of game design and the hard math of live-services, and you will need to understand both sides of that coin.
Games and gaming are changing. Over the next few years, that change is going to accelerate and without the proper knowledge and toolsets to exploit this, many developers will struggle to keep up with it. Our job on this team is to ensure that our studios are equipped with as much insight and clarity as possible to not only keep pace but become the shapers of that evolution, to help EA lead into the future. We find that exciting and we hope that you do, too
- 5+ years of professional experience with demonstrated experience applying analytics to real-world problems
- 3+ years of experience in a consumer products-oriented industry; or gaming, entertainment, or e-commerce
- Minimum of 2 years of managing teams of data scientists or analysts with technical background
- With SQL or other coding skills for data analysis
- Experience with statistics and modeling to understand the work, ask the right questions and provide guidance to analysts
- Experience with experimental design and the determination of the statistical significance of findings
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.