Senior Gameplay Systems Designer
Senior Gameplay Systems Designer – DICE LA
We are DICE Los Angeles
DICE LA was founded in 2013 with a mission to create outstanding entertainment, and to do so in a manner that is different from the industry. We want to make great games, and be great at making games.
What does that mean to you as a developer?
It means that you will have a creative stake in everything you do. We believe that we are all game makers, and everyone at our studio contributes to the goal of making amazing game experiences, regardless of role or title. We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career. We also firmly believe that we are at our best when we have the proper balance between work and life. To support this balance, we nurture a culture that aims to reach the highest productivity without crunch, and by making smart decisions when it comes to how we work and plan. Having a positive, inclusive studio culture is of extreme importance to us.
Our games reflect the means by which they are created. Games that are crafted in an inspiring atmosphere, with creativity, artistry and technology as their backbone, will capture the imagination of gamers around the world.
We are looking for an experienced Systems Designer like you, to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to enhance ourselves and our craft. You will work on an exciting new project at the studio, and report to the Design Line Manager at DICE's Los Angeles office.
- Work with and take direction from the design director and design leads to take select gameplay systems from concept to completion on a large project
- Work with other designers, engineers, and UX/UI to design and document gameplay systems designs
- Work within Frostbite engine to implement your work through iterative prototyping, ensuring they make for the best possible player experience
- Set priorities and goals for your work, together with important partners
- Proactively communicate with others, to guide your work forward
- Participate in the critique of your work, and the work of others
- Look for opportunities to learn new skills to benefit your growth, your team, and the studio
- 5+ years of experience designing gameplay systems within multiplayer or co-op titles
- At least one shipped AAA game, FPS experience is a plus
- Comfortable with technical implementation; using game editors, scripting languages and tools
- Understand the importance of documentation and teaching others
- Enjoy problem-solving with a creative team
- Value documentation and healthy communication
- Broad taste in games
Valuable Additional Skills
- Experience using mod tools to tweak or enhance existing games
- Experience developing and implementing UX and UI for games
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that powered by creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume.