Senior Game Designer - FIFA
Multiple Locations: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
EA Sports is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA Sports is the FIFA franchise. EA Sports FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC and mobile.
Innovation, passion and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne, we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
If you're passionate about your craft, this is a role of a lifetime.
At EA, Game Designers are craftsmen for the product. They are the individuals who take initial ideas and work them into features and experiences to surprise and delight millions of FIFA gamers around the world. Our Senior Designers help hold the vision and support other designers and other team members to create a great game.
What an EA Game Designer Does:
As a Game Designer on FIFA, you will use your understanding and passion for designing player first experiences to add to the creative execution and business success of the game team.
You will report to a Game Design Director, involved at all stages from coming up with concepts, documenting all the details, supporting the team through execution and tuning the features to make for a great game experience.
- Work with design leadership to help form the direction for the game area or game, and ensuring that designs follow the product vision.
- Design complex systems and tune them for specific goals.
- Inspire and motivate the team to achieve high-quality results within constraints..
- Take a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that the feature set and corresponding execution creates the best possible product.
- Identify problems and opportunities and ideate to identify interesting solutions
- Investigate and analyze to validate ideas and opportunities.
- Create designs that target specific product metrics and gamer motivations.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Designer working in medium/large teams within the video game industry, creating high quality games.
- Experience of mentoring other designers and providing insightful feedback on design efforts.
- Experience of console/ AAA game development.
- Proactive and able to own design areas from initial creation through to implementation.
- Understand how to use the business model of the game, and how design and the business model work together.
- Understand why an idea will or won't work, and how to design to hit specific goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.