(Closed) Senior Finance Director – Marketing, Commercial, Positive Play Group, Corporate Functions & WW Customer Experience
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
We’re EA—the world’s leading video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Apex Legends, Battlefield, Need for Speed, and Star Wars, to name but a few. We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team provides strategic and financial partnership to EA’s Leadership team. We achieve this through engaging with our partners to understand our broad strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to guide EA’s performance.
This Senior Finance Director (FP&A) will lead business support for our Marketing, Positive Play, Corporate Functions, Worldwide Customer Experience (WWCE) and Music teams. Our Marketing teams include Relationship Marketing (Media & Community), Creative (Strategy and Content Production), Marketing and Consumer Insights, Brand, and Global Communications. Supported by a global team of 25, s/he will report to the Vice President of Finance, Real Estate and Physical Security.
What You’ll Do:
- Business Partnering
- S/he will partner closely with the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and leadership teams for HR, Legal, Finance, WWCE and team to drive business and finance outcomes through the allocation of resources and data-driven insights
- Demonstrate professional maturity to challenge business partners’ views and decisions and understand the impact across the company
- Influence senior leaders on significant matters. Can effectively express viewpoints, manage conflicts, influence, persuade and negotiate
- Major Functions & Related Activities
- Drive all finance related activities including but not limited to planning, forecasting, variance analysis and management reporting and insights
- Drive regular financial visibility to performance, risks & opportunities (Profitability, Spend, Cost-per-View, Marketing Equivalent Value)
- Review, approval and oversight of licensing/sponsorship contracts and their commitments
- Anticipate risks and partner with the business to identify trade-offs and mitigation plans
- Direct operating expense target setting process and partner with the business to operationalize targets
- Collaborate with finance partners (e.g. Corporate FP&A, Commercial FP&A, Studios) to ensure holistic and accurate financial overview for consolidated marketing and commercial view, Corporate Functions and WWCE
- Develop and maintain an organization focused on value creation and maintaining the highest standards of financial control.
- Lead a team
- Set a clear team vision and objectives; then hold each team member accountable
- Train, coach, motivate and challenge team members in their development and career path
- Lead and foster a culture of inclusion where diversity is celebrated
- Resource management: identify gaps and proposed solutions
- Reinforce the value of collaboration to achieve an objective
- Implement best practices, processes and standards
Who You Are:
- Experience leading, motivating, and coaching a global team
- Able to manage through ambiguity with a bias for solutions and action
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities, meet tight deadlines, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high degree of change
- Able to work collaboratively, within the group across business units/functions as a thought leader and partner
Preferred Experience and Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 12 years of related financial experience
- Extensive experience with P&L management, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis
- Proficiency in Accounting and general GAAP knowledge
- Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint expertise required, knowledge in Hyperion Essbase and Oracle preferred
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.