Senior Engineering Manager
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
The Sr Engineering Manager provides leadership to the Software Engineers in Test global team supporting the Frostbite team. As a Sr EM you will hire, motivate and manage engineers to execute the Frostbite QDS (Quality and Development Services) product roadmap while keeping the team’s results, retention and health front of mind.
- Mature experience in people management and working with diverse global teams.
- Responsible for team health (stress awareness and managing employee well-being).
- Provide long-term career growth assistance to team members. The individual bolsters their career progress.
- Mentoring and coaching to improve software engineering skills/practices, where skills are specialist, ensuring the coaching is done by experts in the domain.
Team, Domain & Tech Leadership
- Engineer Productivity – drive for continuous improvement ineffective workflows, equipment, tools and iteration loops.
- Fostering an agile engineering culture that values delivery, quality, and good craftsmanship.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in engineering and technology, including attendance at key conferences, seminars, and meet-ups.
- Strong hands-on leader having led at least one team using an agile methodology.
- Software Engineering Leadership – Know how to develop quality software and know if we are on track to do that with the current plan/work.
- People Leadership – must be effective people managers. Must be able to get the best out of a diverse team of people even when delivery pressure is high.
- Deep domain knowledge – In most cases, we will look for managers to be deeply knowledgeable in the technology space of their team to allow them the best chance of being able to determine if the team is making quality software for the purpose requested.
- Minimum 5 years in a leadership position
- Capable of identifying and recruiting key talent based on staffing requirements; solid understanding of candidate hiring practices including interviewing techniques
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.