(Closed) Senior Director, Competitive Gaming Marketing
Sr. Director, Competitive Gaming Marketing
Lead EA’s global competitive marketing as we wow players and partners with captivating communications which change ‘if’ and ‘when’ to ‘yes’, ‘now’ and ‘check this out’. Partner with multiple teams and business units and identify innovative ways to drive live viewership, expose competitive play to a broader audience, and fuel the strength of our brands and live services. Must be an exceptional marketer from the world of entertainment &/or sport, with experience in building broadcast viewership geared towards Gen Z and Millennial audiences.
- Competitive Gaming leadership: Drive the overall direction of EA’s Competitive Gaming initiative as a member of the Competitive Gaming senior leadership team.
- Realize the ‘competitive advantage’: Create and capitalize on big personalities; the best players; teams and stars; tips and lessons; and accessible, timely content.
- Determine our story: Partner with the Competitive Gaming Division and Global Brand Management to develop a competitive narrative which infuses franchise campaigns.
- Develop our strategy: Create our overarching competitive marketing strategy and partner with the CGD & GBM to align & embed within franchise business planning.
- Intelligent marketing planning: Partner with Marcom Intelligence & Global Analytics to interpret player, channel & market insights to inform coherent marketing strategies & KPIs.
- Real time marketing: Partner with cross functional teams to drive the news agenda for competitive play, ensuring we’re ‘in the moment and of the moment’ to connect culturally.
- Scale global reach: Align standards and expectations with regional marketing teams ww.
- Team leadership: Direct oversight of competitive marketing managers – and indirect leadership of channel teams – to bring competitive play to life within franchise campaigns.
- Activation efficacy: Align competitive marketing activation with development and business goals and drive ongoing optimization relative to pre-established metrics.
- Accountability: Prepare a road map for competitive success, ensure all are clear, and take action to keep progress on track. Assume responsibility for actions and outcomes.
- Adaptability: Embrace change and help others adjust. Modify approach according to context. Actively seek to become comfortable in new environments or roles.
- Collaborative Leadership: Share expertise and resource to help others. Include all who can contribute to a successful outcome. Stay engaged even when not in full agreement.
- Communication: Craft coherent, consistent and compelling multi-channel marketing experiences. Share ideas with stakeholders and cross-functional teams and listen openly.
- Innovation: Create solutions to challenges and positively question current thinking. Leverage logic and rationale to influence. Recognize and build on the ideas of others.
- Decision-making: Establish criteria. Seek relevant information to aid understanding. Identify correlation. Determine causation. Arbitrate with balanced, compelling resolutions.
- Conflict resolution: Resolve and diffuse issues during collaborative efforts across functional, franchise and competitive teams to ensure objective prioritization.
- World class marketer from the world of entertainment &/or sport, with experience in building viewership for broadcast properties and an insatiable desire to learn.
- Experience marketing to and with Gen Z and Millennials.
- Proven success at interpreting analytics and data to inform impactful action and learning.
- Excels at working in a matrixed team environment characterized by interdependency.
- Ability to galvanize and influence teams and stakeholders across disciplines, at all levels.
- Ability to effectively engage and liaise with executive teams.
- Flexible and dynamic with the ability to adapt to changing goals and objectives.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.