Senior Director, Analytics
We are looking for a Senior Director, EA Vancouver Sports Analytics to cultivate a high-performing Analytics function at EA’s Vancouver studio, with an opportunity to influence important decisions on a portfolio of products that includes well-known Sports franchises such as NHL, UFC and FIFA, one of the biggest franchises in gaming. You will report to the Vice President of Sports Analytics and will partner with senior studio and marketing leaders to provide the insights necessary to create the best player experiences. You will set the vision, strategy, and action plan for analytics. You'll need an analytics background, preferably in the area of gaming, entertainment or consumer products where consumer acquisition, engagement, and monetization are main considerations.
- Provide strategic insights to promote business optimization and growth strategies.
- Translate data-driven findings from sentiment and customer gameplay and behavior analysis into measurable insights to guide product strategy and fuel decision-making .
- Partner with the Data / Engineering team to build an Analytics infrastructure to integrate the tools and data-sources needed for reporting and analyses and to promote growth.
- Set the strategy for analytics and then mobilize the team and resources to implement your vision.
- Oversee management of analytics capabilities, including resource planning and analysis best practices such as peer reviews, problem framing, and translation of insights into decisions.
- Partner with leadership to provide valuable insights for the business.
- Work with other leaders across the organization to establish and implement cross-product analytics strategy.
- Mentor, grow and attract a team of accomplished analysts and leaders. Provide oversight and leverage analytical expertise to ensure that outcomes are actionable and reliable.
- Bachelor's degree. Master's preferred in Statistics, Economics, Behavioral Psychology, or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in quantitative analysis, preferably for a gaming, entertainment or consumer products company
- 8+ years’ experience managing other team members in a formal or informal capacity
- Experience understanding problems and constraints, translating into analysis approach and insights, and then following through on recommendations/outcomes
- Experience leading and coaching presentations to large groups, including executive management
- Excellent management skills to build analysis delivery plans with clear deliverables, ownership, and communication plans
- Preferred knowledge of quantitative techniques such as regression, classification, forecasting, and clustering
- Familiarity with statistical software and big data environments