Senior Counsel, Sports and Entertainment
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The Legal Team at Electronic Arts is looking for a lawyer to join us as Senior Counsel, Sports and Entertainment being lead counsel supporting the licensing of partnerships with major entertainment studios, fictional universes, national sports leagues, players associations, motorsports organizations and car manufacturers, including the NFL, NHL, PGA, F1 and Disney.
At EA, we inspire the world to play. We are looking for an attorney with at least 8 years of experience to act as the primary legal contact for EA Business Affairs inbound content licensing. You will report to the Head of Legal for the Competitive Gaming & Entertainment in the Legal Department and may be based in any of our following locations Seattle, Los Angeles, or Austin.
The Legal Counsel role is an important member of the team supporting some of EA's most loved products. These inbound licensing deals are sophisticated transactions that are important to EA's success to bring third-party intellectual property to life in video games.
We are looking for candidates with experience supporting commercial and corporate matters. You will:
- Provide comprehensive legal support to the negotiating, structuring, drafting of inbound licensing of the intellectual property of sports leagues and teams, player associations, and global entertainment properties;
- Review, draft and negotiate various types of contracts, including event management agreements, talent agreements, production services agreements, waivers, sponsorship agreements, media distribution agreements, consulting agreements, marketing agreements, and master services agreements;
- Provide commercial transactional support for the Business Affairs team and guidance regarding the interpretation of various commercial agreements;
- Advise with legally-sound, efficient, practical and impactful work product on a wide-range of legal issues related to inbound content licenses;
- Partner with and engage internal and external resources to get additional or deeper advice on specific legal issues; and
- Provide creative solution to the business and resolve issues in creative and practical ways. Work on multiple topics and provide with solutions, taking in consideration the business and legal context and needs. Evaluate and take appropriate business risks.
- J.D. (or local equivalent) and lawyer in good standing in applicable jurisdiction.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience, with both in-house and top-tier law firm experience. Experience in sports, entertainment, or video games.
- Experience with complex intellectual property licensing.
- Drafting and negotiation skills.
- Comfortable and adept at supporting an evolving business, balancing legal risk and thinking creatively to propel the business forward and promote smart decisions.
If you're interested in this opportunity, we'd like to learn a little more about you. Please send us your resume and a cover letter.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records following applicable law.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.