Security Software Engineer - EA Sports Security
Requisition Number: 165235
Security Software Engineer – EA Sports
The Security team within EA Sports helps make the games safe, secure and fun by partnering with development teams, analyzing large volumes of data and responding to Security incidents. As a Security Software Engineer, you will partner with game developers, data scientists, fraud analysts, and other security software engineers to address some of the most interesting game security challenges out there. You will help with researching, designing and building solutions applicable to the portfolio of EA Sports titles to prevent and detect instances of cheating, botting, and integrity tampering.
- Design, develop and execute exploits to test the game Security posture.
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate game security vulnerabilities.
- Perform data-driven behavioral analysis and develop the required telemetry hooks, queries and processes.
- Analyze, assess, and respond to various Security threats impacting Game Security
- Perform technical security assessments, code audits and design reviews.
- Communicate Security risk to technical audience and propose pragmatic mitigation options.
Qualifications and Experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong skills in reversing tools like Ida Pro, Ghidra.
- You have 3 or more years of progressively complex experience in game security vulnerability testing
- Solid knowledge of C++, C#, Python, or .NET programming skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of security best practices pertaining to at least one of the following: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Game Security experience, or Enterprise Security experience
- Worked on online games with virtual economy
- Solid competency with MySQL and Splunk
- One or more of the following certificates: CISSP, CEH, SSCP, CCSP
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.