Rendering Software Engineer - (C++) - Madden
Rendering Software Engineer - C++
We are EA Sports
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games.
The Challenge Ahead
The Rendering Software Engineer will help to push our game into the next visual level. You will maintain a broad view of the game and engine rendering code and how industrial advancements can be brought to our players. We are looking for passionate, visual engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, working with artists and art direction, and implementing features that bring substantial improvements to our game. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers on developing the game's foundation layer.
What You Will Do As a Rendering Engineer
- Work with Work with design and art to provide feedback and then create clear and estimable technical designs.
- Achieve creative, tested, and high-quality technical implementations that meet design and art requirements.
- Awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- Look for ways to increase team efficiency, especially artists, through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Contribute to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to promote collaborative development efforts.
We Are Looking For
- Passion for the development craft and can demonstrate knowledge in the following rendering areas: lighting, shadows, mesh processing, low-level graphics API, GPGPU, animation/deformation, particles/VFX, or shader experience.
- Experience with the 3D scene construction, graphics pipeline, and graphics debugging.
- 3D math skills, especially linear algebra.
- Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers.
- Demonstrate debugging skills.
- Experience with parallel programming, resource management, and GPU considerations.
Nice To Have
- 3+ years experience with C++.
- Understanding of scripting languages (Python, Lua) Or C#.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
- Experience with a few of the following art related tools: Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, Or ZBrush.
- Experience in embedded systems, especially console development.
- Relational database proficiency
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?