Rendering Software Engineer - C++
Requisition Number: 166743
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated to growing the love of sports. EA SPORTS creates authentic, immersive, and fun experiences that invite a diverse audience of players to create, connect, compete, and self-express through industry-leading sports videogames and live services, including FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, NBA LIVE, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit our website
Interested in joining our team? EA Madrid is looking for passionate Software Engineers and Development Managers of all levels to develop genre-bending features like The One for our Madden franchise.
The challenge ahead:
The Rendering Software Engineer is an essential part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms; work with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
What a Rendering Software Engineer does at EA:
- The Graphics Engineer has a very broad view of the game's rendering codebase, and works daily on implementing features that can involve numerous aspects of the graphics and visual domain.
- You will develop graphic and related rendering systems for the Madden Franchise
- Profile and optimization of rendering, lighting and shading components of a game engine
- You will programme the core rendering tool, feature, and graphical engine components of game engine
- You will work with designers, animators, artists and other engineers on the implementation of new rendering and animation features
- Debugs and improve gameplay infrastructure and processes.
- You will participate in code reviews.
- You will maintain high code quality standards throughout the development cycle.
The next great EA Rendering Software Engineer also needs:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 5+ years C++ programming experience
- Expertise in a few of the following areas: shaders (HLSL, GLSL, CGFX), animation, skinning, lighting, special effects, particle systems, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture
- Experience with multithreading and Object-oriented Programming
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Debugging skills
- Knowledge of art related tools to include Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush.
- Experience working with data driven systems.
- Understanding of GPU and CPU architectures and optimization thereof
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C#
- Experience with Perforce
- Console programming experience (specifically dealing with memory and performance in a fixed resources system).
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
Since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that are motivated by creativity and passion. You will also get a benefit package that includes medical and life insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers, stocks programs, fitness reimbursement, flex benefit program…and of course, free video games.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- Click here if you want to know more about our location
- Please check out our digital magazine for more information about Living in Spain
Don't Just Play It – Create It!
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.