Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Seattle, Washington, United States Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Arizona, United States California, United States Nevada, United States Oregon, United States Utah, United States
Remote Work Option: Yes
Electronic Arts is an innovative tech company that creates incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need innovative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Software Engineer on the Frostbite Release team, you will be a member of the team responsible for building a scalable and collaborative development environment, delivering the work of hundreds of engineers to customers. The successful candidate will be part of a team building the culture, process, and tooling for delivering Frostbite at quality. We are looking for a strong generalist who can quickly familiarize themselves with multiple technologies, is a good communicator, and works well with others, but knows when to stand firm.
- Engineering lead for executing and improving the release process and management:
- Managing and tracking changes for multiple releases and communicating progress against committed deliverables
- Proposing and implementing changes throughout the release process
- Release process automation
- Helping define new policies, improving process and culture to help to release Frostbite more efficiently with better quality
- Adaptable problem solver, quickly converging on solutions for a myriad of problems. You could be changing the build farm configuration because of a hardware related issue, and then moving on to debugging a crash in a game level, followed up by working on a python script to automate release workflows.
- Work with software engineers across multiple domains, understanding their needs to develop tooling in various areas such as automated monitoring, pre-test/pre-submission, automated failure analysis & reporting, and a multitude of other areas.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Strong generalist with 6+ years of professional experience in C++
- Exceptional debugging and problem solving skills
- Previous experiences in Release Engineer discipline or multiple Engineering disciplines in software development cycle
- Production experience with game engines
- Experience with Jenkins or other build management tools
- Experience with C# or Python
- Large scale Integrations
- Perforce and other SCMs
- Database tool /Visualization plugin such as PowerBI
- Works well with changing priorities
- Emphasizes practical solutions
- Service Oriented with an energetic attitude
- Works well with others
- Strong communicator both written and verbal
What does the Frostbite team do?
We develop the Frostbite engine, EA’s state of the art multi-platform game development engine. Frostbite has powered games such as FIFA, Madden NFL, Battlefield, Need For Speed, Dragon Age: Inquisition, PGA Tour and Star Wars Battlefront. Frostbite leverages its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games and push the boundaries of what they can achieve. We are located across North America (Vancouver, Edmonton, Orlando, Montreal), Europe (Guildford, Stockholm, Bucharest) and Australia (Melbourne).
Why join us?
- Tackle strategic technology problems with an impact across all of EA
- Work on leading edge technology and create high-quality solutions
- Work with multiple game teams across multiple genres
- Work with industry leaders and other top-tier people
- Good work/life balance
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. We realise it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.