Quality Designer I
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres. Role Overview: Quality Designers are senior QA specialists responsible for developing processes for driving end-to-end quality across a game. You will improve QA practices cross EA and knowledge share across the organization, see quality from a player perspective, and be the advocate in game design and implementation decisions.
- You will manage Test Strategy for the game, and test planning for game feature releases.
- Create quality verification efforts by providing technical and strategic direction based on collaboration with multiple disciplines.
- Partner with QV management on QV execution and Live Pods support for meeting overall quality targets.
- Drive programs like Risk-based Testing, Data/AI-driven testing.
- Partner with game development on Product roadmap, Feature readiness and Quality Targets.
- You will analyze the gaps in the testing process and use test data for highlighting risks.
- Work with the Quality Engineering team on automation, tools and tech evaluation and adoption.
- Work with data analytics teams and harness the solutions to improve game quality and progress in project efficiencies.
- Network with Quality Designers in QVS across locations for sharing and learning practices.
- You will report to the QA Development Director
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of experience in Quality Assurance/test planning.
- An understanding of quality assurance techniques, testing and automation frameworks and multiple test methodologies.
- Game Domain knowledge, with inclination towards playing video games for driving E2E quality plans throughout the game/pack cycle.
- Project Management for execution of test strategy and tasks using Scrum/agile process.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.