Project Manager, Online Security Intern
The EA Security team protects EA by reducing our exposure to security risks by raising awareness and providing a measured, proportionate set of security and risk management controls, services and solutions. This department also ensures that EA is meeting required security standards as defined by a variety of different regulatory bodies.
**With your cover letter please answer the following questions:
- How does a project management internship at EA fit into your future career goals?
- What steps are you taking towards education in project management?
We are EA.
We make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games takes work! That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry. Our Online Security team is looking for a Project Manager for a 12-week internship in Austin, TX!
Why choose an EA Internship?
As an Intern, you will be embedded in your role. We have identified a spot for you for a reason and want you to feel empowered in your role here. You won't work on an "intern" project; you will work on an EA project.
We are looking for a long-term relationship with you. We hire interns at EA not only for the potential we see in you during the internship. We hire interns at EA for your long-term potential, hoping you will join us full-time after you have acquired your project management certification.
Work and network with industry influencers.
You will work with some of the most accomplished people in the industry. This is not a passing hello in a hallway, but an in-the-trenches, all-hands-on-deck environment where visionaries mentor visionaries and everyone has a voice.
- Project Delivery: Manages the project lifecycle following the PMO methodology, paying careful attention to project scope and goals (change management), detailed project timelines, resource plans, and budget usage. Monitor our requirements between related projects. Perform value/benefit realization analysis;
- Issue and Risk Management: leads identification and resolution of risks, including escalation management
- Project Reporting/Communications: Reports the status and progress of programs and projects to the PMO, project team and Partners. Provide periodic program health assessments;
- Financial Management: Oversees several administrative activities that maintain financial compliance, and tracks and reports on the budget and Return on investment;
- Quality Management: Ensures Quality standards and procedures are defined/identified and followed for all projects. Conduct defined project phase reviews throughout the lifecycle of project;
- Team Management: Ensures project teams are successful (working model, trained). Demonstrate the ability to manage external and internal resources as “one team”. Promote collaboration among teams in the global environment. Promote collaboration among project managers within the program, ensuring visibility into their mutual requirements.
- We are recruiting candidates that are looking for hours and experience towards a project management certification. You should be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills; detail oriented
- You are an Independent strategic thinker
- Able to self-direct and work within large teams
- Knowledge of waterfall methodologies and project management techniques
- Oversee projects and tasks
- Experience with PM tools such as Workfront, JIRA, GoogleSuite, Sharepoint, and Confluence is ideal
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.