Project Management Lead, Brand Transformation (Contract)
At EA we are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
The Brand Transformation Project Management lead will work closely with the Head of Brand Transformation EA headquarters, Redwood City, San Francisco. Brand transformation is new at EA and this team is lean - almost start-up like in how it runs. You will be a hybrid operational and project manager responsible for the project flow across all Brand Transformation campaigns, initiatives and deliverables. One of the first projects you will work on is the internal and external roll out of our rebrand, overseeing the roadmap, establishing brand governance and partnering with the Director of Brand Strategy to deliver toolkits and training sessions. In this capacity they will be a rigorous, action oriented organizer and comfortable with non-traditional campaigns and outputs. They will also be happy to establish new process from scratch rather than work within existing structures.
You are a hands-on leader who has experience overseeing and managing a brand in a complex organization. You will have a lot of familiarity with brand training systems and toolkits, be well versed in creating approvals processes and working with legal.
The primary focus of a Project Manager (PM) is to be a overseer of the project, leading it across all disciplines. The PM’s goal is to ensure the timely input (from experts in all areas) required for successful delivery of the completed project. The PM is someone with authority and responsibility, and ensures quality by soliciting VP+ stakeholder input and fostering a culture where team members connect.
You will involve directly managing detailed activation plans into execution. This will involve partnering with different teams for the development, execution and measurement of integrated omni-channel, consumer-facing EA brand communications, with a focus on our gaming subscription service.
Experience: The PM position requires 5-10+ years of project management experience working on brand or brand experience in a marketing, advertising or entertainment business. Cross-discipline experience is a plus, but experience working with complex cross functional teams will be considered.
- Project Initiation/Scope
- Plan and define a brand roll out process
- Organize and plan strategic workshops and a roadmap to roll out strategy training across the organization
- Carries campaigns through from the initial brand/ transformation concept PM screens to ensure that important information is supplied.
- Prevents false starts; does not allow work to begin without providing the project team with all the necessary information.
- Addresses scope creep if projects take on a new path.
- Manages assets: seeks initial information for asset parameters (Asks the questions: Do they exist or do we need to create them? Are they in the proper format? Where will they be coming from? Is their availability in line with the project’s timing parameters?).
- Project Communication/Integration
- Manages project communications internally and between all departments. The PM communicates directly with individual team members to reiterate the scheduled deliverables, relay revision requests, record the job’s progress, and to address obstacles as they arise.
- Establishes integration check points to facilitate collaboration between the internal departments involved in the creative development process.
- Recaps certain internal meetings, decisions and deliverables in writing (due dates, internal direction and documented history), for sharing to the team.
- Schedules and manages internal meetings as they relate to the project “kick off” meeting – must review the schedule and initiate the “official” start.
- Schedules internal creative reviews with the creative team and creative director.
- Ensures that team members are completing the appropriate check-points throughout the process.
- Collaborates with leading team members to reinforce the ongoing discussion of topics to produce actionable items.
- Obtains the required approvals for all outputs including establishing the approvals chain where none exists today
- Project Assignments/Scope
- Creates new project management processes to keep all Electronic Arts level projects on track
- Creates the end-to-end plan to roll out the rebrand of Electronic Arts from strategy to design to experience working cross functionally with different teams and cross medium with different outputs from digital webpages to architectural installations
- Project Budget/Scope
- Facilitates the day-to-day deliverables of internal deadlines (based on due dates) with a focus on stabilizing the shifting project triangle; scope, schedule and budget.
- Mitigates issues that will affect the scope, schedule, budget or quality of the end product.
- Consolidates campaign budgets and disseminates the information to the appropriate Producers.
- Monitors the overall budget
- Project Schedule/Time Management
- Develops and manages the schedules (from inception to the completion of work) for all job types; works with all internal departments to identify their needs, based on the job parameters.
- Consults with appropriate stakeholders/subject matter experts in the schedule development process.
- Project Approvals/Quality
- Routes work for internal approvals to ensure internal quality controls are transpiring (creative approvals, production, enterprise groups including legal, media, and etc.).
- Champions the process they’ve created to ensure that high quality work is delivered.
- Project Documentation
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date project files.
- Collects and retains a concrete record of approvals.
- Issues active status reports and conducts regularly-scheduled status meetings for the whole team across all lines of business
- Project Resources (Internal)
- Works closely with the team to guide them through the appropriate steps needed to meet deadlines.
- Works closely with the Producer to provide pertinent information via updates and status reporting.
- Works to oversee the project deliverables in various media disciplines, and regularly communicates the overall status to retain control of the schedule.
- Works closely with other teams to understand project specifications.
- Communicates with freelance creative teams to ensure understanding of project deadlines.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.