Product Manager, Desktop Client
Product Manager, Desktop Client
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world’s greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important programs for EA’s community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These programs include: EA Play, our cross-platform subscription service on Origin, EA Desktop, PlayStation, Xbox and Steam: Origin, EA’s gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
Now that we’ve ushered in a new era, releasing the EA Desktop beta in late 2020, we need your help to listen to feedback, analyze the current product and make our player’s dreams come true on our desktop platform. The team is looking for someone ready to help manage core app functionality such as downloading and updating games in the player’s library, and repairing games so they are always ready to play. We’re not looking for the type of person who is simply satisfied with the status-quo. This role is fundamental to allowing players to download and play their games, and as-such requires someone with a clear vision for what “great” should look and feel like for our players.
Joining this team means you’ll be part of EAX and will help shape EA’s subscription services spanning multiple platforms; build consumer experiences that power EA’s games by allowing them to be more personalized, socially connected, and smooth; and expand our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that “we see farther”, and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
- Experience working with a dedicated engineering group
- Is comfortable managing feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product area
- Have experience succeeding in a data-driven culture
- Thrive as an advocate of quality, promoting the player experience
- Join in discussions around trade-offs between features and timelines
- Enjoy working with engineers, TPMs and designers daily
- Most notably you’ll have a rare mix of creativity and vision, while being able to maintain a tactical roadmap of must-have product features
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
- 3+ years of product management experience or an equivalent combination of skills
- Technical experience to relate and foster relationships with engineers
- Experience working with data analysts to report and create applicable insights
- Understanding of competitors - including their services, products and platforms
- General enthusiasm for gaming desired; ability to stay on the forefront of industry trends
In a typical week, this role could…
- Dive into the details of a player-facing bug or feedback to fuel a product roadmap
- Promote discussions on our product features
- Share insights from product discovery efforts and user research studies with team members
- Review data and industry trends to create product vision documents
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.