Presentation Content Designer - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Presentation Content Designer - FIFA
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise.
EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
As a Presentation Content Designer you will design and implement cinematic content for EA Sports FIFA games. You will collaborate with producers, art directors and game designers on the design of compelling, authentic and exciting experiences that showcase the beautiful game to football fans around the world. You will also partner with game designers, programmers and artists to realise and implement those sequences in the game using in-house tools and the Frostbite engine.
- Design, prototype and implement various in-game camera sequences within the schedule and at a high level of quality.
- Follow direction and reference material provided by producers, art directors and game designers, and realise the vision through your cameras and sequences.
- Use in-house tools and the Frostbite engine to implement cameras and sequences of shots that convey the authenticity of a live football match broadcast.
- Collaborate with various teams (artists, rendering, animators, gameplay, audio, interface) to identify and define requirements for implementation of Presentation features.
- Gather references, storyboard, analyze, design and present ideas back to the team, following and contributing to the design vision for the project.
- Understanding of cinematic scene blocking: actors and cameras.
- Knowledge of Cinematography techniques: camera composition, timing, framing, lensing and movement.
- Ability to take direction, work independently and maintain focus on the vision and goals.
- Accountability to deliver quality content while balancing efficiency in order to meet predefined estimates and deadlines.
- Self-driven individual who understands the dynamic nature of game development and does not stop at the first obstacle.
- Passion for both design and implementation of game content using game editing tools.
- Understanding of logic, if-else conditionals, typical in-game events and properties.
- Strong adaptability, problem solving and debugging skills in an agile development environment.
- Understanding of the game development process from concept to final product release.
- Avid video gamer with a passion for the sports world and sports games.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- A positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Previous game development experience is preferable.
- Knowledge of football and FIFA video games is a strong plus.
- Experience with game engines (Unreal, Unity3D, etc.) is a strong plus.
- 3D modelling and animation software knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of Motion Capture is a plus.
- Experience in cinematics is a plus.
- Experience with visual scripting is a plus.
- Knowledge of versioning software (Perforce, GitHub, etc.) is a plus.
- Cinematography/Photography enthusiast is a plus.
- Video game and tech trends industry enthusiast is a plus.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.