PhD. Data Science Intern (Summer 2021)
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
The Data Science internship is part of the Data Science team within the Studio Data Insights group. We are looking for a PhD candidate in a quantitative field to join us in summer 2021. Data Science interns typically own a single project relevant to their area of study, which they are expected to accomplish, working with their manager and other members of the data science team to ensure the impact of their work.
- Research, design, and implement and validate models and algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data.
- Perform advanced statistical/machine learning analyses on customer databases and other sources
- Present results to business leaders, product managers and other analysts.
- Communicate applicable results and findings derived from data throughout the organization.
- Work with other areas of the business on long-term projects, often spanning multiple years and numerous franchises.
- Implement and share new methodologies.
- You are an enrolled PhD student in STEM majors.
- You are looking to apply your expertise to aid EA in framing and implementing new systems to keep us on the cutting-edge of personalization and recommendations
- You prioritize communication that can create compelling stories for executives.
- You have a passion for data and applying data science to make decisions and recommendations.
- You are hypothesis driven – using data to test ideas rigorously and objectively.
- You have a high level of mathematical competence..
- Views challenges as opportunities; tenacious and focused.
- You value partnerships and collaboration across teams.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.