Performance Test Software Engineer
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is not easy. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
EA’s Digital Platform Gameplay Services team has a need for a Java Software Engineer in EASK, Vancouver. Our platform powers online features for EA’s game titles serving millions of users each day. You build internal software tools, distributed server-side systems that bring functionality to our millions of customers and work on creative improvements to keep our systems at top performance.
- Develop performance testing frameworks for both our Java and C++ services
- Develop features to enhance the performance testing experience including environment creation, test execution, automation in results/metrics gathering
- Create roadmaps and cases and gather requirements for performance testing and automation framework
- Work with multiple engineering teams to determine plans for scaling applications and performance test strategies
- Solicit feedback from peers and partners to improve the design and architecture of systems based on performance and business goals
- Direct and provide overall technical guidance on the performance testing strategies for live services.
- Advocate for a culture of continuous improvement within the software development and test disciplines for the software.
- A technical achiever who can work in diverse environments to determine technical strategies and execution in response to technology growth
- Expertise in gathering and deriving requirements, translating requirements into concrete tasks, and writing technical design documents
- 8+ years of experience developing application frameworks
- Experience building scalability, failover, stress, and other non-functional tests.
- Experience working with agile development methodologies, CI/CD Workflow
- Experience working with Linux environment
- Coding experience in one of Java, C++, C#, Python, or Scala
- History of implementing software development projects
- Experience with Jira and Perforce
- Experience with automation and performance testing frameworks such as Gatling
- Experience with SaaS and Cloud applications
- Experience with cloud computing technologies and architectures such as AWS EC2 with auto scaling and elastic load balancing
- Experience any of these technologies - gRPC, RESTful APIs, AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes, or Redis
- Experience working within the games industries
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!