Online Software Engineer - C++ - UFC
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. The EA SPORTS UFC franchise offers the thrilling spectacle and entertainment of MMA for over 20 million players across the globe, delivering fluid and responsive mixed martial arts through cutting-edge gameplay technology.
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the EA SPORTS UFC team is on a mission to become the world's greatest fighting game. If you're passionate about building immersive digital entertainment, this is the role of a lifetime.
The Online Software Engineer will help build networked gameplay experiences for the UFC franchise. We are looking for engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, adding amazing new features to an existing and beloved game, and improving existing code. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
- Develop technical solutions for online game features.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
- Look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Awareness of how technical implementation impacts our performance and memory budgets.
- Iterate and design improvements to live systems and workflows
- Work with 3rd party and internal software APIs.
- 4+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- Experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multi-threaded architectures.
- Knowledge of modern database technologies.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Knowledge of good software programming practices.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
Nice to have:
- 2+ years of experience working on Microsoft, and Sony game consoles.
- Experience of real-time game networking.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
- Experience with source control systems will come in handy.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua) and interpreted languages (C#).
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.