Multilingual Localization Specialist
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
Join us for a fulfilling career while defining the future of interactive entertainment.
The Challenge Ahead
As a Multilingual Localization Specialist you’ll be part of the Asset Localization team that manages the worldwide translation needs of our products and services and works in close collaboration with other teams that are part of EA’s Localization organization.
You’ll be part of a multi-cultural team and we are looking forward to your fresh and diverse ideas and perspectives.
We are looking for self-starting, pro-active candidates who are highly motivated to achieve continuous improvements.
What a Multilingual Localization Specialist Does At EA
- Manage localization projects with external resources (translation agencies and freelancers) for a timely delivery of high-quality translations in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage Machine Translation Post-Editing projects, support vendors, analyze quality, share learnings, identify potential issues, handle the communication and expectations and work closely with our Machine Translation team.
- Prepare asset localization in cross-functional collaboration with other teams such as Project Management, Testing, Engineering, Audio and Publishing teams.
- Maintain and update project TMs, glossaries, and project process knowledge base.
- Work closely with Loc Vendor Specialists on resource allocation and provide them with vendor service quality feedback.
- Perform regular Quality Evaluation and Assessment and take the necessary steps to achieve the desired quality.
- Anticipate risks and analyze issues in schedule, budget, quality, technology, etc. to propose solutions that ensure that all potential issues are solved and escalated to the relevant teams as early as possible.
- Follow up on project status and schedules and provide regular status reports to all stakeholders (internal and external) and management.
- Monitor localization budget and control project costs, create reports and flag risks.
- Take necessary steps to ensure cost-efficient, accurate, transparent, and timely billing of translation jobs to internal partners.
- Analyze project post-mortems and other KPIs related to service and quality to propose actions for the improvement of processes in future titles.
The Next Great EA Multilingual Localization Specialist Also Needs
- Experience with CAT tools and Localization technology in general
- Experience with/knowledge of Machine Translation technologies and its concept as well as Post-Editing is a plus
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role (Localization or Translation Project Manager)
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Very good command of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work under pressure with daily deliveries and tight deadlines
- Experience in the games industry is a plus
- Self-starting, pro-active, solution-oriented attitude
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Autonomous and creative work in an intercultural environment.
- Great team spirit and professionalism in one of the most successful video games companies.
- Competitive compensation.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Training and career development.
- Flexible working hours related to your individual work-life balance.
- Professional preventive health care program.
- Further benefits include employee discounts, free public transportation tickets, games library, beverages and regular team events.
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Please apply with a cover letter and CV in English.