Live Services Software Engineer - Star Wars Mobile
We're looking for an accomplished Live Services Engineer to join an experienced team of developers working on an exciting new mobile game. This is an opportunity for you to join a veteran team and build the framework that enables the Live Operations team and production to build a compelling, creative, and immersive experience. You'll partner with Designers, Live Operations, and other Engineers in a distributed team that's focused and progressive.
You will report to our studio's Technical Director.
What you’ll do:
- You will build scalable, reusable systems that allow live operations and developers to manage the game
- You will us establish best practices for game system implementation
- Write technical designs based on gathered requirements
- Provide high-quality code review feedback to our software development team members
- You'll be comfortable working in a distributed team environment with designers and operators to understand workflows and needs
Your background and who you are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 4+ years of game development experience with 2+ years in a related role
- You are consistent and committed to completion of your projects
- Desire to work with other game developers in a cooperative team environment
Great to have
- Experience with Unity and C#
- Experienced in mobile development for iOS and Android
- Experience implementing online multiplayer game systems with a focus on live services management is a great advantage
- Typescript proficiency
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
- 4x and strategy genre experience
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.