Legal Counsel, Corporate
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, CA, Austin, TX, Seattle, WA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We are looking for a Corporate Legal Counsel to focus primarily on EA’s acquisitions, corporate transactions, SEC public reporting, and corporate governance matters. You will report to EA’s Vice President, Legal Affairs. We are flexible as to which EA office you work from, and we will consider fully remote for the right candidate.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
- Support EA’s Corporate Development team, sponsoring business units and other corporate functions (finance, accounting, tax, human resources, etc.) to provide practical and actionable advice on acquisitions, investments and other strategic corporate transactions.
- Advise on deal structure, conduct and manage due diligence, negotiate deal documentation, coordinate deal closings, track post-closing requirements, and manage deal integrations.
- Support securities laws compliance and corporate governance matters, including working on EA’s proxy statements, Form 10-Ks, 10-Qs and 8-Ks, ESG disclosures and reporting, and Section 16 reporting and compliance with SEC rules, Sarbanes-Oxley, Delaware corporate law and NASDAQ requirements.
- Advise the treasury, tax, finance and accounting teams on securities offerings, bank financings, stock buybacks, equity investments and structuring matters.
- Provide corporate and securities law guidance to various teams across EA.
- Provide guidance to the corporate paralegal supporting and maintaining U.S. and global subsidiaries.
- Practicing attorney with 4+ years’ experience in M&A and corporate and securities transactions at a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Strong familiarity with securities and corporate laws, including Delaware corporate law and NASDAQ requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- Team player with the ability to work well with internal legal colleagues, outside legal advisors, and business clients.
- Hard working, high integrity, good judgment, well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure; flexible and willing to work extended hours when needed.
- Interest in the video games industry and related areas of law.
- J.D. and State Bar membership required.
All candidates should submit a list of representative corporate transactions that they have worked on.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.