(Closed) League Operations Manager, Competitive Gaming Division
Based in Orlando, FL
Reports directly to Senior Director & Madden Competitive Gaming Commissioner
EA’s has been supporting the Madden competitive community for decades since the origination of the Madden Challenge and Madden Bowl. Over the past 4 years, the Madden Championship Series has elevated the top Madden players as stars of the community as well as provided opportunity for aspiring competitors and fans to connect over their love of the game.
We are looking for passionate, determined and humble individuals with the imagination to innovate and lead in the industry. At EA, working on “competitive gaming” is not just esports; it’s also the competitive experiences in-game that impact all players. We need great talent and great minds to do right by all those players.
A pivotal leader on this new team is the League Ops Manager, who will be responsible for managing competitive conditions across of level of the Madden Championship Series by owning competition schedules and format, rules and standards of competition, and resolving competitor disputes and disciplinary matters, along with other essential functions.
The League Operations Manager will drive Competitive Gaming initiatives and meet the needs of our players by maintaining a competitive gaming ecosystem with high transparency, efficiency and integrity.
- Ensure that competitive rulesets and formats are comprehensive, clear and consistently applied across all sanctioned tournaments.
- Manage the tournament operations of online and live events by establishing repeatable process and best practices.
- Scale operations to support the growth of the Madden Classic, the largest open registration sports gaming competition in North America
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams, such as Legal, Community Engagement, Global Communications and Competitive Gaming.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships within the Competitive Gaming Division and other internal studio teams to secure required support for online and offline event executions.
- Provide great service and training to internal and external operators of sanctioned tournaments.
- Communicate rules verbally and in written format to resolve competitor disputes, provide insights to spectators, and when necessary apply penalties or corrective action.
- Forge meaningful relationships with online communities to gather feedback, identify needs and message guidelines and obligations.
- Provide comprehensive reports to stakeholders on feedback, issues, concerns, trends and insights within the community of competitive players.
- Increase competitor satisfaction with the fairness and operations of all Madden competitions
- Inform feature development and event management decisions when required.
- 5+ years of experience managing esports or major organized sports programs, teams, or tournaments
- Passion for competitive gaming and a desire to shape the experiences of the Madden community
- A comprehensive understanding of online and live event competitive experiences from the player’s and organizer’s perspective
- Experience in quickly resolving disputes and applying judgement calls to complicated rule scenarios in high-pressure situations
- Strong organizational, planning and interpersonal skills. Able to succinctly articulate complex scenarios in an understandable manner for key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and presentation skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while still prioritize tasks and maintain composure
- Ability to build strong relationships built on mutual trust
- Self-motivated Individual with an ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work on call, work many weekend during the activate competition calendar, and travel frequently
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/redwood-shores
What's In It For You:
We are proud of the great perks we offer such comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
We look forward to receiving your application!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.