(Closed) League Operations Manager, Competitive Gaming Division
We are building a global team to strategically drive competitive gaming for EA, and we are looking for passionate, determined individuals with the imagination to innovate and lead in the industry. At EA, working on “competitive gaming” is not just esports; it’s also the competitive experiences in-game that impact all players. We need great talent and great minds to do right by all those players.
The League Ops Manager will work with gaming commissioners and other counterparts to manage competition at all levels and put on world-class events. This role will be based out of EA’s new Broadcast Center, focusing on the successful planning and execution of competitive tournaments and related shows being hosted from this new world-class production facility. You’ll need to be flexible, highly adaptable, willing to dive into different competitive titles and comfortable being an on-the-ground lead for not just League Operations but also game-related technical event production.
The League Operations Manager will drive Competitive Gaming initiatives and meet the needs of our players by maintaining ecosystems with high transparency, efficiency and integrity.
- Ensure that competitive rulesets and formats are comprehensive, clear and consistently applied across all sanctioned tournaments.
- Manage the tournament operations of online and live events by establishing repeatable process and best practices.
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams
- Build strong, collaborative relationships within the Competitive Gaming Division and other internal studio teams to secure required support for online and offline event executions.
- Provide great service and training to internal and external operators of sanctioned tournaments.
- Communicate rules verbally and in written format to resolve competitor disputes and provide insights to spectators.
- Forge meaningful relationships with online communities to gather feedback, identify needs and message guidelines and obligations.
- Provide comprehensive reports to stakeholders on feedback, issues, concerns, trends and insights within the community of competitive players.
- Inform feature development and event management decisions when required.
- Increase competitor satisfaction.
- 3+ years of experience managing esports or major organized sports programs, teams or tournaments
- Passion for competitive gaming. Proficiency playing various EA games preferred.
- A comprehensive understanding of online and live event competitive experiences from the player’s and organizer’s perspective
- Experience in quickly resolving disputes and applying judgement calls to complicated rule scenarios in high-pressure situations
- Strong organizational, planning and interpersonal skills. Able to succinctly articulate complex scenarios in an understandable manner for key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and presentation skills
- High attention to detail, ability to multitask and maintain composure
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize
- Excellent creative and strategic thinking
- Ability to build strong relationships built on mutual trust
- Self-motivated individual with an ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work on call, work weekends and travel as needed
- Proficient with major social media and streaming platforms
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.