Lead UI Technical Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
You will support NCAA College Football within EA Sports. EA Sports is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA Sports creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games.
What you will do:
- You will guide a team of ui technical designers to develop the user interface.
- You will manage the performance and expectations of the ui technical design team
- You will prove out and champion best practices for UI architecture with a goal of organization, reusability and with the thought of developing for a live product (easily updatable).
- You will advocate for user experience, product consistency, and design excellence.
- You will coordinate with the Experience Design Director, Technical Director, and Lead Software Engineer to ensure Technical Plans align with the creative vision.
- You will work with the UI team (Artist, Engineers, Designers) to solve problems, refine workflows, and polish the UI to create an outstanding user experience, from concept to ship.
- You will use both proprietary software and third-party tech to implement the visual design of the UI / HUD within the game.
- 8+ years of progressive responsibility in UI technical design and implementation
- 3+ years of experience managing successful teams
- Expert knowledge of scripting languages such as Java, ActionScript, C#, Swift, and HAXE to build complex user interfaces
- Good understanding of UX methodology, and Design theory.
- Experience shipping multiple products from concept to completion
- Experience designing and managing large-scale projects
- Well versed in facilitation techniques that allow groups to build clarity and understanding
- A portfolio of work that showcases relevant work that contains well thought out process and excellent craft execution
- BS or BA degree (or equivalent experience) in Human-Computer Interaction, UX/UI/Design Diploma or Degree, or a related area
- You will report to the Director of Experience Design
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.