Lead Program Manager - FIFA Competitive Gaming (Esports)
Lead Program Manager, Europe FIFA Competitive Gaming
As a leader for FIFA Program Management for the European region, you will be a key member of FIFA Competitive Gaming Group (FCGG) accountable for strategic planning, partnership management and leadership of an expert team of regional program managers. Engaging your comprehensive knowledge of esports and practical experience of working with national and international football organizations your objective will be to deliver growth in viewership and engagement metrics with the EA SPORTS FIFA esports ecosystem and build on existing key partnerships with official football leagues, federations, publishing organizations and esports operators in region that will advance FIFA Competitive Gaming to tier 1 esports status.
You will drive regular business reviews in partnership with Global Head of Program Management, and collaborate on initiatives with FCGG League Operations and FCGG Business Operations. You will be responsible for planning execution of competitive gaming strategy for existing and upcoming FIFA titles on all applicable platforms.
As the regional leader for FIFA Competitive Gaming Group, you will be responsible for
- Working with the Global Head of Program Management, developing strategies and techniques that improve viewership of both EA and partner operated esports programs.
- Collaboration with FCGG Commissioner, FCGG Business Operations and CGE Broadcast and Marketing to strategize and further develop the FIFA competitive gaming ecosystem.
- Business analysis of the regional (competitive) gaming market to assess and implement optimal action plans that create synergy with EA’s regional marketing activations and global FIFA Competitive Gaming Programs
- Managing and collaborating with direct reports/stakeholders of diverse cultural backgrounds in multiple countries with region-specific game market/competitive gaming environments
- Establishing and developing long term business relationships with partner executives to ensure close and collaborative working practices and ‘best in class’ program execution.
- Using your existing professional expertise of partner organizations from a wide range of countries and cultures, to developing strategies that leverage new and existing partnerships, to continue authentic program growth.
- Creating end-to-end competitive gaming strategies that meet the needs of local players through world class programs and activations with focus on new player acquisition, engagement, and viewership
- Serving as a Competitive Gaming expert and partner closely with all internal cross functional teams, including but not limited to, EA Brand Marketing, Business Affairs, Marketing Communications, League Operations Team.
- Providing expert esports knowledge and essential regional knowledge for both internal and external partners specially to support the creation and development of partner esports contracts.
Key experiences / capabilities
- Proven background in video game industry and/or esports or experience in the commercial side of professional football is required
- Professional or strong personal interest in gaming and competitive gaming/esports business
- Experience in partnership management with national and international professional football entities.
- Proven leadership of successfully managing and developing multicultural/multinational business units
- Strong business acumen and analysis skills of video game player behaviors / viewership / monetization
- Capability to communicate with business partners at the Exec level
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams to deliver results collaboratively
- Proven ability to develop and operate partner management programs across multiple countries and cultures
- Proven success in developing collaborative strategic business plans with partners
- Work cross-functionally and serve as the liaison between partners and leadership, product, legal, operations, and other functional teams
- Proven ability to be able to work with remote teams and across multiple time zones
- Passion for football and EA SPORTS FIFA, Video Games, and eSports/Competitive Gaming
- Ability to build strong working relationships built on mutual trust
- Ability to manage projects on schedule and within budget
- Effective Communicator
- Strong understanding and experiences of operating business in a multicultural environment
- Able to navigate complex partner relationships
- Problem solving
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Language: English required; business proficiency in French or German considered preferred but not essential
- Adaptability and flexibility
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.