Lead Gameplay Designer
We are looking for a Lead Gameplay Designer to join our mobile game team.
Our sports mobile teams are founded on inclusivity, innovation, and creativity with a mission to bring immersive sports gaming experiences built for mobile devices to millions of gamers around the world. With teams located in Canada, Romania and the United States, we are powered by global talent and looking for passionate and creative new team members to design the future of mobile gaming.
You will report to the Creative Director and work with partners and team leadership to build compelling, fun gameplay for a new title in development.
Open to remote work in most Canadian & US Locations
Who you are:
- You love iterating on gameplay, mechanics, and game feel to create fun experiences
- You can interpret feedback from different sources to help shape the best designs
- You enjoy the challenge of designing for a target audience using player profiles and personas to guide design decisions
- You are hands-on in software building and tuning the experience to get it just right
- Work with a cross disciplinary team to build gameplay by prioritizing what needs to get done, identifying gaps, and translating designs into development requirements
- Partner with the Creative Director on designing and executing gameplay systems that support the project's goals, especially regarding approachability and meaningful progression
- Work with Product Managers to ensure gameplay systems support progression and monetization needs
- Partner with User Experience designers and Product Managers on a user testing strategy that validates gameplay is high-quality and compelling
- Tune and refine mechanics, controls, cameras, and feedback mechanisms to make the best possible experience
- Build gameplay content and mentor other designers in best practices for designing compelling content
- Provide feedback on and contribute to designs for other game areas
- 5+ years in gameplay design with 2+ shipped titles, at least one on mobile
- Experience rapidly prototyping gameplay mechanics using a variety of tools
- Experience with gameplay mechanics, progression systems, and tuning combine to create a successful mobile game
- Knowledge and fandom of football / soccer
- Experience with Unity is preferable
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.