Battlefield Seattle is focused on building rich, exciting stories with memorable characters and powerful experiences all in the Battlefield universe. We are building a new studio in the Seattle area composed of leaders and talent with a vast array of AAA game dev experience. As we assemble our diverse team, all who have a voice in making great games together, we're looking for a healthy mixture of tempered veterans and young passionate individuals eager to make a difference.
Role Overview: You are a Lead 3D Environment Artist who will help us build worlds, inspire incredible artwork, help define our production techniques, maintain budgets while always highly focused on the highest quality execution – with empathy and clarity being at the heart of who you are as a leader.
Reporting to the Studio Art Director the Lead 3D Environment Artist is a practical artist, inspired not only by the games industry but also by film, 2d, graphic design and other media.
- An understanding of modeling, texturing, composition, color theory, design and lighting that we can see exercised in your portfolio – both in shipped game projects and in personal work.
- Knowledge of at least one industry standard modeling package, a sculpting package and a PBR compliant texturing package.
- You can 3d model, texture and implement to a high standard inside of a game engine. This includes packing textures to specification and using and maintaining shared libraries.
- The ability to write documentation where required and maintain production requirements such as stand-ups, feedback and communication with peers.
- Experience working with an Art Director to develop direction and quality goals and parsing that information to a team for precise execution.
- Have experience with cross discipline collaboration as a core tenant of who you are as a leader.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Lead 3D Environment Artist
- Hard surface modeling
- Techniques for photorealism
- Candidates with experience in outsourcing and cross-studio collaboration
- Experience with daily scrums and management requirements of the role
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.