Lead Character Artist - BATTLEFIELD
Requisition Number: 164536
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with global EA Studios Game teams to achieve outstanding visuals, audio and technology. We are a highly engaged content creation team within EA Studios Worldwide, and we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, creatively motivated through collaboration, culture and craft.
Committed to supporting our games with the creation of amazing Content, the EA Create Characters team enriches players' experience with a cast of characters and variety of character accessories such full body outfits, hair and headgear.
We are looking for an accomplished and experienced Lead Character Artist to join an established team, in partnership with DICE, to work on the next BATTLEFIELD. The Lead Character Artist is a creative role working with different Partner teams to achieve visual excellence for the content and experiences you will help create.
EA expects and needs our external partners to achieve the same quality as our Create Art teams. It is the role of Models and Accessories Artists to partner with the Art Leads, External Development Art Director, team leads and Tech-Artists to help push quality and progress, and to help improve processes and training for our external partners.
For this role you will report to Project Managers and Art Director
Who You Are:
- Experienced with 7+ years of industry character creation production
- Prior experience participating in visual target and asset pipeline development, in collaboration with Project Managers, Leads & Art Directors
- Prior experience with External Development partners (setup, communication, feedback)
- Expert in high-fidelity 3D modeling / sculpting techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly
- Prior experience leading a team of artist
- Expert-level modeling experience with Maya and ZBrush
- Expert-level texturing experience with Substance Painter and Photoshop with an overall emphasis on realism (Substance Designer is a plus)
- Knowledgeable of PBR workflows and how to replicate real-world
- Experienced in working with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity)
- You are an expert in proportion and composition with expert eye for surface and colour
- Experienced in creating game resolution topology with considerations for deformation and rigging
- Knowledgeable in the creation of clothing and how it should match the character style
- You have experience with Cloth & Hair Simulation
- Experienced in delivering high-quality assets to time and technical budget constraints
- You have experience designing new workflows, troubleshooting and improving processes within a team to enhance character fidelity as a whole
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.