Jira Developer (Administrator)
(Contract, 9 months estimation)
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
What does a Jira Developer/Administrator do?
As a Jira Developer/Administrator contractor, you will help define, support, maintain, suggest best practices, and implement changes/configurations to Jira and plugins to better support changes aimed to increase efficiencies and Program Management tooling experiences.Your expertise in developing, maintaining and supporting automation workflows in Atlassian to streamline our processes using the Jira plugins such as ALM Works Structure. The ability to document and effectively roll out training prior to change management will be important.
As part of the Jira Developer role, you will collaborate with people across client’s multiple functional departments to define, suggest best practices and implement changes/configurations to Jira, Confluence and other Atlassian tools and plugins to better support changes aimed to increase efficiency through SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Perform Jira administration of Atlassian tools: Jira and add-on support Jira Structure by ALM Works
- Business Process Analysis as it relates to workflow configuration,support of ongoing requirements, and environment management
- Design and develop workflows; build custom applications; develop mechanisms to automate manual processes
- Provide JIRA subject matter expertise in discussions regarding governance within JIRA, especially as new implications arise in the environment with internal/external users accessing the current and new instance
- Building dashboards and reports.
- Creating and maintaining technical and/or user facing documentation for training
- Developing and executing automation in close collaboration with cross-functional team members/key stakeholders
- Providing data analysis, process improvements, creative problem solving, and cross-functional collaboration
- Working with remote teams and team members desired
- Working with Agile projects and processes with multiple cross-functional teams
- Manage all aspects of the Atlassian tool chain including workflows, custom fields, schemes, add-ons and integrations for the Program Management team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across organizations to gather requirements to develop and deliver solutions to optimize the tooling experiences for Program Managers
- Design custom Jira workflows for different issues types to assist in automation
- Create, customize, and maintain support dashboards and advanced filters for end users reporting capabilities
- Develop metrics dashboards, heatmaps, reports to provide development teams and senior leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports
- Ability to balance user requests and business needs against established JIRA governance best practices.
- Traditional Java development experience and understanding how to use HTML/CSS/JS and using/extending REST/API Services
- Ability to multi-task and balance tasks with varying priorities.
- Maintaining strong and healthy relationships with key stakeholders
- 1+ years’ experience gathering requirements from key stakeholders
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
Helpful, But Not Required:
- Implementing custom JQL functions (Jira Query Language)
- Developing custom scripts/Rest APIs
- Knowledge of Structure’s Expr formulas
- Experience creating JIRA plugins utilizing Atlassian’s REST APIs
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.