(Closed) Java Software Engineer - FIFA - Temporary
We are EA Sports
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Java Engineer will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
- Roughly 70 to 85% hands-on coding (Java with SQL).
- Create and work on large-scale distributed HTTP-based backend service creating new features and updating existing ones.
- Resolve defects during QA testing, preproduction, production and from the live environment.
- Work with multiple clients working on multiple different platforms who use the features you create to complete user facing features.
- Occasional off-hours support for development needs and support of the live environment ensuring our consumer experience is always outstanding.
- 4 or more years’ experience developing software in Java.
- 2 or more years’ experience working on online services/severs (HTTP via REST).
- Strong working knowledge of the HTTP protocol.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL (MYSQL preferred).
- Knowledge of the Software design/architecture process.
- Experience with unit testing (JUnit).
- Experience developing and maintaining large-scale distributed applications.
- Experience with source control systems.
- Experience with Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA.
Are you ready to join the game?
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.