Java Software Engineer (FIFA Live QE)
Software Engineer - FIFA Live QE (1 year contract)
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
Join us for a fulfilling career while defining the future of interactive entertainment. This is an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world in a fun and creative environment.
We’re looking for an engineer who knows what it takes to make a AAA title and is excited to use their talent and experience to build great games.
You will be embedded within the EA Romania studio supporting the team with technical testing, test automation and debugging, reporting to a Development Manager as part of the Live environment.
As Software Engineer on the quality engineering team, you will be a part of helping the studio adopt new and existing technologies to improve the way we work. Partners of game development teams, Software Engineers are pushing services to their limit, making sure they perform to customer expectations and conform to the highest quality standards. In partnership with software engineers and program managers, and using several programming and scripting languages, they write test cases and plans; design, develop, and maintain automation test tools; and build test plans/suites that isolate and debug software problems.
- Creativity and initiative to improve test coverage and effectiveness of team
- Implement test strategy in area assigned; develop test cases for specific features
- Clarify how features should work to eliminate ambiguous requirements
- Write and use regressions tests
- Provide feedback on testability and design during design reviews
- Proactively review your test plans for completeness with leads
- Use test automation tools to create efficiencies and improve quality
- Prioritize assigned bugs/tasks with guidance from lead
- Oversee all tasks related to your assigned features
- Design and performs performance/load tests; interpret and acts on results
- Develop and execute automated unit testing suites
- Maintain and create tool sets to help monitor system metrics
- 1+ years of experience with software development life cycle, practices and software engineering methodologies
- Java experience
- A strong understanding of testing methodologies (Experience with load and performance testing is nice to have)
- Experience with tools such as Postman, SOPUI, or Charles, Fiddle
- Scripting experience with Python, PHP, or Lua
- Experience with server and distributed system
- RESTFul API testing and JSON
- XML, HTML
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.