Infrastructure Software Engineer - Multiplayer Game Services
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. Come help us power the future of play.
About your future team.
Our organization provides central services that allow game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. We are building scalable, distributed, realtime services that help creators to design, launch, and operate new and engaging connected player experiences. At our core, we are passionate about bringing people together, and helping game creators build living experiences for their players.
You will report to Anders Häglund, with 8 years of experience in the gaming industry working with live services across a large portfolio of AAA games. Anders is managing a passionate group of engineers developing and running a cloud-based game services platform.
What you'll do
- Operate and improve the whole lifecycle of our services, from design, to deployment, operation, and service refinement.
- Design CI/CD and app deployment solutions for anything we or our dev teams build
- Establish best practice monitoring, alerting and dashboarding to improve observability of player experience, infrastructure and application performance, and business metrics
- Automate routine tasks and processes using code and automation technologies
- Operate within a distributed team and work with colleagues both local and remote.
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to team members.
- Use code to solve common operational problems
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in software development, and 10 years of experience with data structures or algorithms.
- 10 years of experience using a concurrent, parallel, and multi-threaded programming language
- 10 years of experience testing and launching software products.
- 10 years of experience with software design and architecture.
- Expertise in design, analysis, development and troubleshooting of large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with *nix operating systems
- Experience with cloud service providers and cloud technologies: AWS (preferred), GCP, Azure, Kubernetes (preferred), Docker, etc.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.