EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Orlando, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
For this role, we are looking for someone to help push our core systems and shared engine into the future. Our Infrastructure Engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities to our players and workflow enhancements to our development team.
We are looking for passionate engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, collaborating with other engineers, and building core systems (often leveraging other systems), workflows, and capabilities that allow us to work more efficiently and bring substantial improvements to our game.
- You will work with a small team to design and develop appropriate test modules and improve the stability of the live product.
- Debug and diagnose runtime issues across a variety of domains.
- You will increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- You will review technical implementations for impacts on stability, performance, disk, and memory budgets.
- Directly support and help engineer environments through all stages of development.
- Troubleshoot application, network, and server-level problems.
- Perform cause analyses and ensure improvements are identified and prioritized.
- Maintain documentation of systems, configurations and procedures.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team’s efficiency and capabilities.
- Adding and improving technical and business metrics and using them to make decisions.
- Document your insights and best practices.
- BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years of experience.
- Shipped a AAA game title or provided post-launch support to a launched consumer-facing product.
- Understanding of C++ language.
- Communicate well with technical partners outside of your immediate environment/specialization.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Experience navigating and understanding a large client/server codebase.
- Experience leading small teams of Software Engineers is a major plus.
- Experience with Windows and Linux environments.
- Automated load testing experience (either developing tools or using existing systems).
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.