Inclusive Language Specialist
Multiple Locations: Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain Spain Germany
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Please note that this is a contract position for 12 months
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
EA inspires the world to play, and the Worldwide Localization Team makes that happen! We are accountable for delivering the high-quality localized versions of our titles to over 30 countries around the world. You will find a vibrant, multicultural environment with a great mixture of professionals. From software engineers, project managers, testers to audio, text and linguistic specialists, each employee has an important role to play. You will work on a wide variety of groundbreaking tools and systems to provide Localization to EA's products.
The Challenge Ahead:
Join our multilingual and multicultural Localization team and help us to localize our wonderful games and services in an inclusive way. In your role as Inclusive Language Specialist, you'll report to the Asset Localization manager and:
- Coordinate the Inclusive Language initiative and TaskForce, with support from your manager
- Make best use of the experience you can bring to our team
- Accomplish our roadmap and the communication with other teams
- Research inclusive and non-binary language, latest guidance and official resources where available
- Be the expert and provide recommendations and guidance
- Establish workflows, in cooperation with team members
- Help defining prioritization of content updates and selecting new titles/content for inclusive language adaptation
- Build relationships and networks with involved parties and team members
- Coordinate feedback requests between all involved parties at EA Loc and Studios
- Coordinate the creation, maintenance and updates of Inclusive Language Guides and glossaries
- Organize and perform Knowledge Sharing and Training sessions with our teams and vendors
- Present progress, results, challenges, risks and feedback to Management
- Attend or speak at events around Inclusive Language and build an industry network
- Control the assigned budget, report risks and opportunities
You'll be a great fit for this role, if you have the following experience:
- You have an educational linguistic or Localization background or have experience working in the Localization industry.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- You have experience as a project manager and love to keep things on track.
- Inclusion and diversity is your passion and you had previous jobs around Inclusion or Inclusive Language.
- Cultural and social competence is one of your strengths.
- The idea to help delivering an immersive and inclusive experience to our worldwide players excites you.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.