Group Creative Director, Design, EA SPORTS
Marcom Creative’s mission is to ignite the imaginations of players through world-class creative strategy and craftsmanship. We are a multidisciplinary creative team consisting of creatives, strategists, designers, artists, storytellers, and innovators.
The Group Creative Director, Design is responsible for the strategic and hands-on development of visual brand identities, design systems, and digital / print channel execution in support of brand and marketing campaigns. You will partner with other creatives, strategists and game art directors to ensure all design represents our games, resonates with our audiences, and unifies the brand experience across all player-facing touchpoints.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of successfully building globally recognized brands while managing world-class teams. Additionally, the candidate must thrive in a collaborative environment, adapt well to a constantly evolving industry, and possess practical knowledge of brand and digital design.
The EA SPORTS Marcom Creative team moves fast by answering clear briefs and making decisions informed by fan data and intuition. This role manages design teams across the sports portfolio who work closely with production to develop everything from EA SPORTS covers to out of home campaigns and in-game visual identities.
- Concept and create world-class design systems for franchise brands (i.e. FIFA, Madden, etc) and titles that support all marketing and promotional campaigns inclusive of print, digital, motion, experiential, and environmental. Design Systems include brand images (key art), logos, typography, color, graphic elements, iconography, and motion sets.
- Inspire, lead, and manage internal designers and oversee the day-to-day work.
- Oversee and participate in execution of live campaign content across owned and paid channels including web, retail, social, digital media, and events.
- Ability to present work and build alignment on design direction and execution with senior stakeholders.
- Partner with game team art directors and UI directors to create work that unifies the in-game and out-of-game experiences.
- Help lead external agencies, keeping large-scale projects on track.
- Create rules and guidance for each title’s brand style guide, brief partner teams on these rules, ensure consistency and quality benchmarks are met in execution.
- Ability to interpret creative feedback and data into iterative design. A multi-revision process is often part of our work.
Skills and experience:
- 10+ years of experience at a brand/design agency and/or in-house team (at least 4 years of leadership experience managing multiple accounts).
- Phenomenal brand development track record—Proven experience in creating for global brands in digital, print, experiential, and environmental channels with a track record of delivering robust brand design systems. A thought leader.
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of brand identity, including typography, iconography, illustration, photography, motion design language and messaging.
- Strong understanding and awareness of design trends, brand standards and processes, including best practices.
- Have experience building in-house design teams.
- Possess solid communication skills – must be able to provide clear direction to design teams and to sell through concepts and executions both visually and verbally to individuals at all levels of the company.
- Excellent hands-on design, typography, and layout skills.
- Experience with 3D modeling, illustration, image retouching, and photoshoot direction is a huge plus.
- Able to translate a large branding idea to multiple touch points across channels.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, with excellent time management skills and a strong work ethic.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Passion for design and sports!
- BFA in Graphic Design or Art Direction. Additional experience in related fields a plus.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.