Introduction To EA & India OperationsElectronic Arts (EA) is an international developer, marketer, publisher and distributor of video games. EA was formed in 1982 and ever since, we have been the leader in thrilling the world with cutting edge Interactive Entertainment. EA has the #1 market share in North America & Europe with revenues over US$ 4.0 billion and has a distribution network spread across 70 countries with worldwide employee strength of 8000+
EA India office in Hyderabad supports game development activities for mobile gaming, console, online and free to play casual game website – pogo.com. Corporate operates shared services centers for IT which provides networks & applications support whereas Finance performs procure to pay, accounts receivables, revenue accounting, fixed assets accounting, procurement support, payroll & FP&A functions.
Purpose And Scope
The person will be responsible to supervise the GL team and fully responsible for teams’ performance by completion of tasks timely and accurately. He/She shall also be responsible for Month end close activities, Bank reconciliations for EU, NA and APAC regions, Fixed Asset accounting, preparation of VAT Returns and also leading the transitions and contributing to finance projects. All these activities are highly critical with stringent deadlines hence needs to ensure that these are met without any lapse or miss.
Thorough knowledge of Balance sheet items/ Income statement line items.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in preparation of Bank reconciliations.
- Expert level knowledge in preparation of Accrual and prepaid Journal Entries, in compliance with the journal entry policy.
- Participate and contribute to the projects driven by business.
- Should have strong conceptual understanding of US-GAAP and also the underlying accounting aspects. Be able to resolve the reconciliation and accounting queries from the team.
- Should possess knowledge of Fixed assets accounting cycle (capitalization, depreciation accounting, disposals, retirement etc.).
- Continuously evaluates, recommends, and implements changes to all processes impacting the GL to simplify while improving transparency.
- Act as an SME for the team and be the point of contact between the team and the business partners.
- Drive Business review meetings with respective Stakeholders.
- Be able to drive the quarterly reviews with the Leadership Team independently.
- Be able to completely own any transition opportunities identified and also be responsible to setup appropriate documents and define SLAs for the same.
Qualification And Experience
- Must be a commerce graduate or post graduate.
- 8 years+ of relevant experience in Accounting and Reconciliation for a large MNC preferably BPO/KPOs or Captives having Finance and Accounting services
- Should have been in the team leading role for 5+ years.
- Should have hands-on experience in driving transitions and setting up new processes in Finance and Accounting function.
- Should have hands on experience in Oracle Enterprise Business Suite R12 and also understand the Multi-Currency COA
- Should have excellent excel skills and good knowledge on Power Point Too.
- Should have strong analytical skills. Able to perform meaningful analysis and thereby identify the reason for variance.
- Should have pro-active thinking and anticipate account risks to mitigate any potential unreconciled or aged reconciled accounts
- Should have very good Communication Skills and able to manage the external and internal stakeholders independently